To contribute and become global player in the qualitative understanding of human condition.
The Center for Critical and Qualitative Studies (CQS) is aimed at producing innovative and boundary-crossing research for an in-depth understanding human and social conditions, developing a generation of researchers skilled in qualitative research and ensuring a communication process by developing innovative tools and contextualized strategies. As a service provider, CQS will appear as a competitive actor in the field of consultancy and bid for research and research-led programs those fit into its core areas of expertise, both locally and globally.
Center Core Objectives
- To develop a generation of critical thinkers among university faculty and students by promoting critical and interdisciplinary research in the field of Arts, Humanities, Health and Social Sciences
- To address knowledge-gaps and interdisciplinary potential across the knowledge disciplines such as, Communications, Public Health, Environment Studies, Development Studies, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, and related fields., and demonstrate how these can be effectively addressed through innovative qualitative methodology. Having said that, the center is also critically aware that many of these disciplines have interdisciplinary practices within their disciplinary frameworks
- To ensure renewed collaborations with national and international partners in various research, exhibition, dissemination, communication and outreach programs
- To ensure a scholarly culture among ULAB faculty and students by promoting critical thinking and qualitative research methodology throughout the year under various training and capacity-building programs.
- To organize and manage research-based programs and projects those are either informed to previous research or can led to further production of knowledge and quality publications.
- To develop new curriculum for postgraduate teaching and continuing education programs and offer jointly developed programs and organize workshops on various areas of critical and qualitative studies.